I have not moved into the mindset that I can use del.icio.us for research. I am just used to yahooing and/or googling and then drilling into those results.
Now...as I have said in an earlier post I love Technorati, always did. Literally something for everyone. But, you can easily get lost in the site forever as you keep following one tag after another and forget what your original reason for going to the site in the first place :-D
Today, there was a great post on the good ole' Commodore 64 (the very first computer I ever bought waaaaayyy back in High School-when I learned how program using Basic)

...have a read if you will:
Commodore 64 @ technorati.com
and here:
Commodore 64 @ CNN.com
Web 2.0 thoughts...
I think the Annoyed Librarian has some valid points on how to attempt to maintain Libraries in the age of Web 2.0 and technological advance. However, in the course of writing as devil's advocate many writers go to the extreme to prove the point. Snipped from the post is this example: What if my users are complete idiots? What if their "information culture" consists of staring at the television 10 hours a day watching game shows? Should I then make the library more like a game show? "Come on down, Luella! You've just won yourself a free library card!"
Of course, one of the main themes for many blog authors is the element of humor. I was underwhelmed by the writing.
I felt more aligned with the cool librarian.
But let's forget all of that and take a look at one of my favorite contributers to LJ, Roy Tennant.
I just think he can write and explain in a way that can assist non-library oriented folks towards some understanding.
Here is a fun video.




No comments:
Post a Comment