Thursday, November 8, 2007

7 1/2 things...glad we could whittle that down

Every time I see this I automatically think about Steven Covey and The 7 Habits of Highly Efffective People. A long time ago I was working elsewhere as a mastering engineer for a CD/cassette/LP (I know that some might not have ever seen one of these beloved relics) manufacturer and this title was one that was I was responsible for in terms of audio quality control.

I'm certain that I ended up listening to it many, many times for each cassette/cd production roll.

I don't recall a thing...LOL!

It was so popular that it spawned all sort of other similar self-help materials. I do remember that...

The thing is that he was very convincing as an orator...a good preacher. I tend to grab only what really pertains to me from this sort of stuff anyway and I am not much of a self-help reader.


The 7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits was an interesting way of pointing out how we all do it. Doesn't everyone either want to say that the 1/2 (Play) is either the hardest thing for them to make time for or it is the thing they always make time to do.

For me, the hardest might looking towards the end result. I guess it can be hard when there is a lot of stuff you have to take care of between the beginning and the ending.

The easiest! Technology. I use it to my advantage all the time. I like when I can search for information on my own.

Let's Boogie!



No comments: